Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

California, Here We Come

4/23/2014
If you don't know by now based on my many Instagrammed photos and tweets, I spent the past week in California and headed to Coachella in the desert over the weekend. It was my first time ever to southern California and let me tell you this: everything I thought of when I used to imagine California, the dreamy skylines, sunsets, mint weather, and gorgeous coastlines, are true. All of it. I felt like I was living in a hazy dream world.

My dad always tells me the novelty of living somewhere like that will soon wear off, but everyone I met who lives there says it's the complete opposite. Every new day in California has a little bit of magic to it. Maybe it's time to plan a move... 

By no means will this post do the trip justice, especially seeing as I have over 1000 photos to sort through to try to paint you guys a picture. However I was lucky enough to travel with my fantastic beauty blogger friend Mash of Mash-Elle Blog and we got some killer style shots you'll see in upcoming posts.


Our first day in Los Angeles, our friend brought us to an amazing little cafe called Aroma Coffee & Tea Co in Studio City. The cafe used to be a charming home and was converted into a full service cafe, but still has the quaint romantic atmosphere (plus amazing food). Be sure to visit if you're in the area!


Day two, Michelle and I drove out to Laguna Beach. The coast is absolutely breathtaking with houses high on the hilltops overlooking the ocean. We even saw two whales breaching off shore!

Exploring Laguna's shores

The Grove, Los Angeles is a mainly outdoor shopping and entertainment complex (and incredibly beautiful). Across the street from the Farmer's Market, The Grove has a lot of my favourite stores (like Anthropologie and Johnny Was) plus an amazing market with tons of treats for my huge sweet-tooth. Snapped with actor Max Arciniega (Krazy-8 on Breaking Bad and total stud). ;)

Mash and I at Santa Monica Pier!

"This is so Marissa Cooper." Santa Monica beach.

GoPro-ing while on the roller coaster on Santa Monica Pier

The drive out to Palm Springs

Palm Springs took my breath away. The contrast of desert against the mountains was insanely beautiful.

En route to Coachella!

The iconic ferris wheel

We drove out to the Palm Desert which overlooks the city


Last day at Coachella

The Coachella astronut actually floated around the grounds and moved his arms


Pit stop at Rodeo Drive



We'll miss this place!

Stay tuned for some more style posts snapped around L.A. and in the desert! Hope you all had an incredible week!

xx

MAC
15 comments on "California, Here We Come"
  1. I'm glad you had a good time! Now you can see why I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could have come with, Ashley!

      Delete
  2. So happy you enjoyed my hometown. Looking at your posts made me realize how much i take for granted living here especially when i'm bored on Friday's you took some really great pics the weather was kind to you. Thanks so much for sharing your style & experience.

    www.vieavecleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lucky Leigh! I wanted to stay forever!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! The scenery did it all on its own :)

      Delete
  4. I loved LA! I wanted to go to Coachella so bad! Everything look like so much fun!
    nice post and pictures!
    x
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pili!! It was such a blast, you'll have to come next year!

      Delete
  5. This looks like so much fun! Glad you had an amazing time and your outfit is perfect!!

    Like A Harte // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great time, thank you Ivana!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a dream, I am very very jealous!! Sounds like you had a great time...new follower, loving the blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg so jealous! Looks like you had a great time!

    Where did you get that white outfit that you wore on the last day of the festival? I absolutely love it!

    Mindy

    www.kindofluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl! First of all, so jelly that you got to go to Coachella! I looked at airfare back from Germany but it was about 2 grand! My dad lives about an hour north of LA, so I knew I'd be able to crash on his couch), but I still couldn't make it happen! Next, souther California is the one place in the world where I have always felt I fit in. Since my first trip to Beverly Hills as a 14-year old, something within me just clicked! I lived near San Diego for a while and sort of felt the click there, but LA is where my soul feels home! I've been trying to convince Soldier Boy to try and get assigned to Cali next, but he isn't taking the bait! You and I just may need to run away together!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin
    : RHINESTONE EARRING GIVEAWAY:
    : BUTTERFLY STATEMENT NECKLACE GIVEAWAY:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous! I did a road trip down to San Fran and LA a few years back and since then I've been down to Palm Springs as well. I wake up every day wondering why I don't move there! Coachella for sure next year. Ps. love the new look of you blog!!

    Heather xo
    aworldofboundlesscuriosity.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love our blog! Great post!
    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back! :)
    I have a new post every day!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise!

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete