Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

California Dreamin

4/03/2014
Today is my birthday. 

24th, to be precise, also the last birthday before 25 which afterwards, I will stop counting and get increasingly depressed! I've never been a huge birthday party animal. A nice dinner with close friends and family is more my speed (but don't you dare get anyone to sing to me, I mean it!) Every year, I treat myself to a little birthday gift, from me to me - last year it was a Marc Jacobs tote, previous year a watch, but this year really takes the cake: 

I'M GOING TO COACHELLA!

In two weeks, my beautiful beauty blogging friend Mash of Mash-Elle Blog and I will jet off to sunny California, with a few extra days to explore L.A. (I've never been!) then head to the valley for the festival of dreams. I've been wanting to go to this festival for years now, but it's never been financially feasible. Well, it still isn't exactly financially feasible seeing as I'm pretty flat broke from the purchase, but I'm 1000% sure it will be worth it.














Coachella has a reputation as being one of the trendiest, most stylish music festivals around. Along with seeing some of my favourite artists (hello Lana, Lorde, Pharrell...) I am just about equally as excited to see all the festival-inspired fashion. I'm not nearly done my own personal shopping for the fest, but for now, here's my must-haves:

1) Crossbody Statement Bag - like this Free People Bucket Bag (sold out, but similar HERE)

2) Spring Florals - like this Urban Outfitters Skirt

3) Fringe EVERYTHING - like this Nastygal Top

4) Comfortable (but cute) Ankle Boots - like these Dolce Vita Boots


Shop the post below!

xx


21 comments on "California Dreamin"
  1. Woohoo! Congrats! It's going to be so awesome. I wish I could go! Love the skirt, by the way! Super cute! ^_^

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I'm crazy excited :)

      Delete
  2. Happy happy birthday! Such exciting plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! hope you have tons of fun at coachella!

    xo. jenn @ hello, rigby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn! Cannot wait :)

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! meh dont worry about 25, I turned 30 last year and am still counting happily, its an attitude anyway... so just think of them as attitude points, the more you got- well, the more you got!! P.s. enjoy Coachella xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha attitude points sounds like a great way to put it! And thank you, will be sure to do a Coachella post (or 2) :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Meghan :) Hope you had a lovely day. Really cute outfit have an amazing time at Coachella.

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! xo

      Delete
  6. Happy belated bday! (I hate having people sing to me as well---it's so awkward!) You look like you're ready for the festival. How does that shirt stay up btw? (I've always wondered about strapless shirts) Does it have elastic at the top?

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brittney! I was concerned about this top as well before ordering, not a huge fan of strapless usually. But it's basically a tube top with an elastic at the top and you slip your arms into the sleeves - it hasn't fallen down yet haha and I love the look!

      Delete
  7. Ur birthday is one day after mine! :-). Love ur posts, u look very cute! :-)
    http://www.christinanoire.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well a very happy belated birthday to you too, Christina! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday sweets! Can't believe you're going :'( enjoy!!
    http://thestyleside.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/the-valley-of-sins-and-sinners/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG you have the best hair... How do you make these gorgeous beachy waves?! Also love the ombre color. So jealous lol I always want ombre but feel like my hair isn't long enough. Love your style. So glad I found your blog! Would love to keep up with eachother :)

    xo, Bekka
    Palm and Peachtree, A Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. In love with your outfit! Going to Coachella is definitely on my bucket list! Have fun!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love this top !!

    http://darkside-of-fashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so effortless I love it

    >> paleaesthetic.blogspot.com <<

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your boho style!
    http://fashionholic-queenbees.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete