Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Blue Monday

1/06/2014
Hello hello, and happy(?) Blue Monday to you all.

January is the Monday of months, and today just happens to be Blue Monday, the so-called most depressing day of the year, the worst Monday, during January. It's frigid outside, I spent my morning digging my car out from last night's ice/snow storm, and no matter how warm it is in the office, I'm perma-cold.

Over the weekend, I went to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty with Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig. Since then, I've been feeling absolutely inspired to take a crazy adventure myself. Highly recommend you to go and see it, especially if you have a wild imagination and thirsty heart for travelling like myself! Also, killer soundtrack and amazing scenery footage of Greenland, Iceland, and the Himalayas. While dreaming of such an adventure, I spent last night on the couch (celebrating the fact that Juan Pablo is the most ideal bachelor ever), a cup of tea, and this awesome knit sweater and laser-cut faux leather shorts combo.





Love my Wanderlust Necklace purchased from Etsy HERE. The shop is based in the UK and the jewelry designer creates unique pieces with everything from engraved song lyrics to names to your own personal message. 




Wearing: Oh Someday Wanderlust Brass Bar Necklace, Free People Tape Yarn Beach Sweater, Urban Outfitters Lasercut Vegan Leather Short. My awesome mug is from Anthropologie.

Hope everyone can weather the Monday blues and have a great rest of your week!

Love,

MAC
19 comments on "Blue Monday"
  1. Super cute cozy, chic look <3 The eyelet details on the scalloped shorts are adorable! ^_^

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing !
    I like it so much ;)
    Kisses <3

    http://www.theladyjersey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marion! I'll check out your blog!
      :)

      Delete
  3. Love it! looks really cute and the sweater looks cozy!
    following you!
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pili for all your nice comments! I'm following your blog on bloglovin' as well <3

      Delete
  4. Omg that necklace is so perfect! I love it. Did you like the show last night? This season the girls all seem really great. Doesn't seem like as many crazy ones as normal haha
    Casey
    http://ImperfectWonder.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Casey! I'm super honoured someone so fashionable like yourself takes time to comment on my blog haha you're awesome! Yes definitely check out that Etsy shop, I've put a few repeat orders in now for her macrame song lyric bracelets, so cute.

      And yup I feel like the cut most of the crazies the first night, I was impressed haha! Though I'm not sure how I feel about my fellow Canadian (opera singer) and that "free spirit" girl, but we'll see :)

      Delete
  5. wonderful cosy look! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Although for the next few days I might have to wear a snowsuit indoors, it's -25 in Toronto, horrible!

      Delete
  6. That is a chic piece I am going to check them out. Yes this movie does sound fun and inspiring. I also want to see American Hustle. Anything with Christian Bale and I am there!!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great film, Alicia! I want to see it again ASAP. Haha also agreed with American Hustle, such a great cast.

      Delete
  7. So love(and want) your sweater!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabine! Unfortunately it's sold out on the Free People website, but they have a ton of similar sweater options (or you might be able to find this one on eBay or another online clothing retailer).

      xo

      Delete
    2. thank you darling. xx

      Delete
  8. I've never thought of it that way, but yes---January is definitely the Monday of the year! I love your etsy necklace, especially since supporting new artists and retailers is always on my mind. I'll have to go check them out.

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittney! I am OBSESSED with Etsy, it's so great to support new and local artists, plus I feel like the pieces are made with more heart and they're usually so unique!

      Delete
  9. I like your necklace and your outfit is cozy chic. Etsy has a wonderful group of artists and boutiques. Thanks for sharing your look.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a delicate & beautiful necklace! Good find!

    Xo Michelle
    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete